- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and pale-green
parts only, rinsed well (1 large leek)
- 1 Yukon Gold potato (8 ounces), sliced 1/4 inch
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small eggplant (12 ounces), trimmed and sliced
1/4 inch thick
- 1 large zucchini (8 ounces), sliced 1/4 inch
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, pitted and
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided, plus
more for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
tablespoon oil in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Layer half the leeks in dish,
then cover with half the potato; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of
Top with a layer each of half the eggplant, half
the zucchini, and half the tomatoes; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch
Scatter with half the olives and half the thyme.
Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil.
layering and seasoning with remaining vegetables. Drizzle with remaining oil,
and cover loosely with foil.
Bake 20 minutes, then remove foil. Press
vegetables down with a spatula, and bake until potato is tender and edges are
well caramelized, about 45 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart Living