Asparagus is in season at the Market. Shop our farms stand vendors for the asparagus, garlic, and herbs. Next stop is The Cheese People for that yummy Gorgonzola cheese. And, grab the butter from Pastured Perfect. Kick it up a notch with oils from Wildtree and Tastefully Simple.
- 3/4 cup gorgonzola cheese; crumbled loosely packed
- 2 pounds asparagus; trimmed
- 6 tablespoon butter; room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Stir Gorgonzola cheese, butter and lemon juice in medium bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate. (Gorgonzola butter can be prepared 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Whisk oil, basil, and garlic to blend in small bowl.
- Spread out asparagus in single layer in baking dish. Pour oil mixture over asparagus and turn to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer asparagus to barbecue. Grill until charred on all sides, turning occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer to plates. Top asparagus with some gorgonzola butter and serve.
Cooks tip: Get creative and use the butter on other dishes.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit September 2000