It’s back to school and weeknights are getting busy. Try this quick, easy and healthy dish to get dinner on the table in a flash. Goes well with meat, poultry and seafood. Shop Marvalhas, Wildtree and Tastefully Simple for your oils and vinegars.
- 1 tablespoon olive oi
- l 2 cups sliced yellow onion
- Dash of baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 ounces carrots, cut into 1 1/2-in. pieces
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon
- chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add onion and baking soda; cook 10 minutes
- Add water and carrots to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 6 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, uncovered, 4 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Add vinegar, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light