You expect to find Italian seasoning with tomatoes -- but snap peas? The combo works surprisingly well. Shop our farm stand vendors for the peas, red onions and tomatoes. And, check out Wildtree, Marvalhas and Tastefully Simple for the oils and seasoning.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 small red onion1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, carefully toss together the snap peas, onion, oil, salt and crushed red pepper until evenly coated. Roast 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Roast 8 minutes more or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned at the edges.
Recipe courtesy of Midwest Living