Our Board President, Steve, loves all things bacon. And there is nothing better for Steve than to shop the Market for the ingredients from our farm stand vendors. Try a flavored bacon or switch up the cheese. We’ve got the butter too. Serve it with a white wine from Glunz Family Winery.
2 pounds Chicken Breasts
8 slices Bacon
1/2 cup Onion
1/2 cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 Salt & Pepper
2 tablespoons Butter
1. Melt butter over medium heat in large skillet. Saute onion & mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Prepare chicken breasts by butterflying and cutting pocket. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
4. Mix shredded cheese into the cooled mushroom/onion mixture. Divide and stuff into the pocket. Fold skin over.
5. Wrap each folded breast with 2 slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks. Place on a deep baking sheet.
6. Bake for 45-60 minutes until juices run clear.
Recipe courtesy of Epicurious