Forget shrimp cocktail--this will be your go-to party staple from now on. And, your go to vendor for the shrimp is The Aspiring Kitchen. Bob is always ready to make recipe recommendations. You could take the shrimp off the skewers for a platter, but the pick-up nature of kebabs is great for parties. The rest of the fixings are available at the Market. Don’t forget the crusty bread from Great Harvest Bread Company and a bottle of white wine from Glunz Family Winery and Cellars.
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound), tails on
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Place first 7 ingredients and 1/4 teaspoon salt in the bowl of a mini food processor; process until smooth.
3. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Combine oil and shrimp in a bowl; toss to coat. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 skewers. Arrange skewers on grill rack; grill 2 minutes on each side or until done. Arrange shrimp on a platter; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle with sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light