How colorful is this salad make with fresh ingredients from the Market. Make your own dressing or we suggest the Beet Citrus Dressing from Wildtree or the Sweet Citrus Vinaigrette from Tastefully Simple.
- 2 medium-sized red beets
- 2 medium-sized golden beets
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Trim roots and stems from beets. Pierce beets with a fork, and wrap in foil. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool; peel beets and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
3. Combine chives and next 6 ingredients (through mustard) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine cherry tomatoes and about 5 teaspoons mustard mixture; toss to coat. Divide sliced beets and sliced tomatoes evenly among 6 plates. Drizzle each serving with about 3 teaspoons remaining mustard mixture. Top each serving evenly with cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of David Bonom, Cooking Light