Take your cheeseburger to the next level by stuffing these patties with blue cheese from The Cheese People. These are big burgers for the hearty eater. Our article on your Farmers Market burger will offer suggestions on shopping the Market for exactly what you need.
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 pounds ground chuck
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (toasted)
1. Preheat a grill to high heat.
2. Combine the cumin, pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
3. Form your ground chuck into 8 evenly sized thin patties.
4. On one side of each patty, sprinkle a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of the cumin mixture (or more to your liking).
5. Flip over 4 of the patties. Making sure that the spices are on the outside of the patty, put a quarter of the blue cheese on the center of each patty (the nonspiced side). These are the bottom patties.
6. Take one of the remaining patties and place it over the blue cheese on one of the bottom patties, making sure that the spices are on the outside. Do this with the remaining 3 patties.
7. Gently push the top patty down around the blue cheese and pinch the sides of the patties together until the burgers are completely sealed around the cheese.
8. Put your burgers on the grill and let them cook for 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
9. To eat a burger, put it on a toasted hamburger bun and enjoy.
Tip: As a variation, stuff a burger with grilled onions and mushrooms. Or mix and match your fillings to make your own!