Savor the last remnants of summer with this grilled fruit recipe. Our farm stand vendors have just what you need. Add apricots, peaches and pears to make this your very own fruit grill. Don’t miss out. It’s the last week of the Summer Market!
- Nonstick spray
- 3 firm but ripe nectarines, halved, pitted
- 3 firm but ripe purple/black plums, halved, pitted
- 3 firm but ripe red plums, halved, pitted
- 6 metal skewers or thick wooden skewers soaked in water 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- *Other fruit substitutions can be apricots and peaches
- Spray the grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare the barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Thread 1 piece of each fruit on each of 6 skewers so that the cut sides line up and lay flat. Sprinkle the sugar over the cut sides of the fruit. Let stand until the sugar dissolves, about 10 minutes.
- Place the fruit skewers on the grill cut side down. Grill the fruit until it is heated through and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Transfer 1 fruit skewer to each plate and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis The Food Network