Creamy Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts are not just for Thanksgiving. They make for a yummy fall side dish. Shop our farm stand vendors for their beautiful selection of Brussels sprouts still on their stalks. Now that’s fresh! Our meat vendors have a great selection of bacon. Kick it up a notch and try a flavored bacon to make it Farmers Market style.
- 4 slices peppered bacon
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through stem end
- ¾ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- cracked black pepper
- In 12-inch skillet cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- In skillet add Brussels sprouts to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 4 minutes. Add broth, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Uncover; cook 2 to 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly evaporated. Add cream. Cook 4 minutes more or until thickened.
- Transfer sprouts to serving dish. Sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cracked pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network