Create a tasty Farmer Market salad with fresh spring lettuce available from Geneva Lakes. Add some mushrooms and shallots from River Valley at that great cheese from the Cheese People. The recipe for the salad dressing is tasty but if you want a readymade dressing see what Wild Tree has to offer. Don’t forget the bread and wine. All available at the Market!
- 1 pound arugula (3 large bunches), trimmed, washed, and spun dry
- 2 heads Belgian endive, cored and cut into ¾-inch-wide slices
- 1 large radicchio, cored and coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons Lemon Vinaigrette (see below)
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- A 4-ounce chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano for shaving
- Combine all the lettuces in large bowl, tossing to mix. Drizzle with half the vinaigrette, tossing gently. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salad to a serving bowl, shave the cheese over it, and serve with the remaining vinaigrette on the side.
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon marmellata (marmalade) or a generous pinch of grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably Tuscan
- Whisk together the lemon juice, marmellata, and olive oil together in a small bowl. (The vinaigrette can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.)
Courtesy of Mario Batali Food Network