This simple but flavorful recipe is great for all the fresh
produce coming into the Market. Shop the
Olive Tap and Wild Tree for a fine selection of oils and Olives4You has those
wonderful Kalamata olives. Don’t stop at
the vegetable selection below, shop our farm stand vendors to add mushrooms and
other farm fresh vegetables.
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and pale-green parts only, rinsed well (1 large leek)
- 1 Yukon Gold potato (8 ounces), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small eggplant (12 ounces), trimmed and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large zucchini (8 ounces), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, divided, plus more for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Layer half the leeks in dish, then cover with half the potato; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
3. Top with a layer each of half the eggplant, half the zucchini, and half the tomatoes; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper.
4. Scatter with half the olives and half the thyme. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil.
5. Repeat layering and seasoning with remaining vegetables. Drizzle with remaining oil, and cover loosely with foil.
6. Bake 20 minutes, then remove foil. Press vegetables down with a spatula, and bake until potato is tender and edges are well caramelized, about 45 minutes more. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart Living