With superb fresh berries coming into the Market, this is a
winner. Our vendors have all of the
ingredients you need. Fresh salad greens
are also in to make this a beautiful Farmers Market salad!
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- Miniscule pinch of ground cardamom (It's strong stuff!)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 large sprig mint, leaves roughly torn
1. Whisk the balsamic vinegar, agave nectar, cardamom, a pinch of salt and a few generous grinds of pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Tumble in the strawberries and blackberries, sprinkle the mint over them and gently toss, being careful not to bruise the berries. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your palate.
Recipe courtesy Aarti Sequeira for Food Network Magazine