With Olives4You back at the Market this summer you can kick
this up a notch with their great selection of olives and capers. And, they have their own pita bread! Shop the Market for Feta from The Cheese
People, spices from Friends Country Market and The Olive Tap and Wild Tree for
your oils and dressings. Next stop is
all our wonderful farm stand vendors for salad fixins of your choice. What a great Farmers Market salad to serve
on those warm summer evenings.
- 2 pitas split horizontally
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 8 pepperoncini (optional)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Place the pita halves cut-side up on a baking sheet, brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil, and bake until golden and crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool, then break into pieces.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oregano, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
3. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, chickpeas, Feta, pita chips, and pepperoncini and olives, and toss to combine.
Recipe Courtesy of Dawn Perry , Real Simple August, 2011