Serve this on Father’s Day and show Dad how special he is. And, we have the best alternative to this recipe! Glunz Family Winery & Cellars has great tasting Sangria along with Demetrio who has Sangria serving suggestions for you. Oh, and those berries, fresh from the Market. A Happy Father’s Day to all our Market dads.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup crème de cassis
- 1 1/2 cups assorted berries such as blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries
- 1 (750-ml) bottle chilled dry rosé wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Put berries into a heatproof pitcher
- Bring sugar, water, and crème de cassis just to a simmer in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup into heatproof pitcher and let stand 5 minutes
- Add wine and lemon juice and stir mixture well
- Chill, covered, until ready to serve. Serve over ice.
Recipe courtesy of Gourmet Magazine, July 2005