Make this your own Farmers Market recipe. Add mushrooms, flavored grape seed oil, sauces, spices and your favorite cut of meat. It’s all available at the Spring Market and our vendors are always happy to offer recipe suggestions.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 16 (1 1/2 pounds) small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 3-inch pieces
1. Heat oven to 400°.
2. In a large ovenproof skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the potatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook the potatoes until golden, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
3. Cover the skillet and place in the oven until the potatoes are fork tender, about 25 minutes.
4. Add the asparagus to the skillet and roast uncovered for 10 to 13 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve with chicken, pork or fish.
Recipe courtesy of Rori Spinelli-Trovato , Real Simple March, 2001