Known for being one of spring’s first and finest treats,
radishes are peppery in taste and vibrant in color. Full of flavor and easy to
incorporate into a variety of side dishes and main courses. They are the vegetable this season that you
won’t want to go without any longer. You
can use Wildtrees lemon flavored grapeseed oil as an alternative for the olive
oil and lemon juice. French baguettes
from Wild Flour are the best along with brie from The Cheese People.
- 16 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette (6 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sliced radishes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Brie cheese (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 5 minutes or until golden brown and toasted; cool.
3. Combine radishes and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a medium bowl, and toss to coat.
4. Spread each bread slice with about 2 teaspoons cheese; top with a single layer of arugula and a layer of radish slices. The cheese on these vegetable crostini’s will spread easily and taste even better at room temperature.
Adam Hickman, Cooking Light APRIL 2013