Instead of a green salad, try this slaw made with fresh vegetables from Geneva Lakes. As a replacement for olive oil, try a flavored grapeseed oil from Wild Tree. Great slaw to accompany those post-Thanksgiving turkey sandwiches.
- 2 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a large bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the bell peppers and onion.
2. In each of 2 large skillets, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the vegetables, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring, until browned in spots and crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a large bowl and garnish with the parsley. Serve right away.
Contributed by Tanya Holland Food and Wine