Olives are available at the Farmers Market throughout the year, stop by and visit Jean-Pierre at Olives 4 You and select exactly the right olives for this dish or any Mediterranean style dish you are making. Always fresh, always interesting choices. The Olive Tap is back, where you can find a great selection of Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars! Mama Mia! It's Italian Nite!
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 3/4 cup pitted and roughly chopped black olives (recommended: kalamata)
- 3/4 cup pitted and roughly chopped large green olives (recommended: Bella Di Cerignola)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bread crumbs and 1/4 teaspoon each of the sea salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, cook the breadcrumbs until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water. Stir the pasta into the bread crumb mixture.
Remove the pan from the heat and add the black and green olives. Add the Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to coat, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to loosen the pasta. Transfer to a large serving bowl and garnish with the remaining parsley.